Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Celebration

Well, we survived our first trip home! It was jampacked from the moment we got into town until the moment we left town.While I was prepared for the madness, my poor husband was not :( He was disillusioned with the idea that we could get all of our visiting done in the first two days and then have the rest of the time to relax....at least one of us didn't have our head in the clouds ;) 

While this wasn't a holiday, we sure did have some fun moments: three birthday parties, a couple Vancouver adventures, and even a wedding. While we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to or hoped to, we certainly enjoyed the times we did get to have with loved ones. But, while our time visiting was wonderful, and we couldn't have asked for better hosts, we were quite glad to be heading home.

One of our most important birthday's, for me especially, was my Dad's big 50th. Our family has gone through a lot in this past year and so I knew/felt the importance of having a family celebration. And lately I've really been realizing the importance of celebrations. I feel we need to celebrate more, and make a big deal of the good things in life more. But celebrations should not be synonymous with extravagant (as in spending crap-loads of money). Sometimes extravagance is good, and special, and needed. But most times just a celebration will do wonders. 

My Dad
My dad has recently made some monumental changes in his life, one of the biggest (for me anyway) was giving his life back to Christ - something I have been praying for for a lot of years. Talking with my dad over the course of these past months I feel that our relationship has become deeper; I'm proud to call him "Dad" and I really felt the necessity to celebrate him & his life.
So most of my family (unfortunately not all), got together and celebrated my Dad. And what FUN we had!! 

There was great food, kids playing everywhere, laughing, chatting, playing ball, building sand castles, decent weather (until the end), running around on the playground. Family enjoying each other. Beautiful. This was for sure one of my highlights. 
Ady with Uncle Robert

I thought it was such a wonderful time for Ady to, to be able to spend time with Grandpa, Great Nan, and Aunts & Uncles. She may not remember the time, but at least some bonding time was able to happen.

Ady with Grandpa

I had such a wonderful time watching my nieces and nephews run around playing, and watching my brothers and my dad join in on their fun. It was a time that truly made my heart happy. And I'm looking forward to doing it again soon!

Below are some pictures of our celebration :)

Since I can't seem to figure out how to get my darn photo's where I want them you'll have to enjoy them as such:

 They say it was delicious!

My Dad's contribution was a cooked turkey!
Grandpa catching Ady going down the slide
My beautiful brother Ben




Ady with Uncle Ben



 How cute are these two beauties?! 

So that was just one highlight of our trip home. I'm sure you're all dying to hear how Ady is doing, but seeing as I'm tired of hearing my neighbours and can't seem to concentrate (don't they know there's a noise curfew?!?) I'll write another update this weekend...Ady is growing and changing after all ;)

Good night! I look forward to hearing from you all!

Love, the little Schartner Family <3

1 comment:

  1. Nice. It was great to see all of you!!! xoxoxo Teresa

    ReplyDelete