Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Adventures in -28 degrees

Well as most would guess, it can get quite cold up here! Much colder than down in the Fraser Valley. It is quite a different cold, and I was told that it's a lot easier to get use to. It's a drier cold than in the FV, which makes it easier to warm up, or so I was told. Realistically, -28 is well, -28. And I don't care where one is, it's still cold!!

Recently since we've began to change up Ben's diet he has been wanting to go for walks after school in the evenings. Yep, you read that right: Ben has been instigating walks! I know. I was shocked too. But it's been great. We all get bundled up and head out for a family walk.

Now let me explain "bundled up" to you: I personally wear 2 pairs of pants, plus my snow pants. An undershirt, a t-shirt, 2-3 long sleeve shirts, a hoodie, a down-vest and my winter jacket. I then also have on my snow boots and gloves. Ben wears his insulated coveralls that are good in -50 degree weather. And course we have Adelynne in a onsie, sleeper, hoodie, snow-suite, gloves, with a pair of fuzzy slippers over top, a touque, and then covered in 1-2 blankets, depending on how cold it really is. That's a lot of clothes. No matter what way you look at it, it's a lot of clothes! Thankfully Adelynne is always warm, and Ben usually unzips a couple layers...but for some reason I am always still cold!! I can't get warm no matter how many layers I wear, or how big I get...if I'm going to keep living up here I think I'm going to need to invest in some good quality clothes that actually keep one warm!!

So it's been snowing quite a bit too, but the other day it finally cleared up. Which meant that the weather became quite cold: -28. Yep -28. But, we needed to get some stuff from Shoppers, so we bundled right up and went for a walk. Jeepers was it ever cold out!!

Here are some photo's of our lovely walk:


Bundled up & Ready to go!


My hair started to turn white!
So cold the frost is creeping up!

Happy Baby!




That is one large suite! At least he stays toasty warm :)


  
Getting Sleepy on the way home
It was incredibly beautiful day! Clear blue sky. Glistening white snow. It was beyond freezing, but we enjoyed ourselves :)

Hope to hear from you all soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the bundled up-ness! When I lived in Regina I remember having to walk to work (maybe 2km) in the freezing cold and I would wear tights, my jeans and then a pair of sweat pants over my jeans. LAYERS!! Adie Looks like she's a little snowgirl all bundled up.
    xo,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures :) What a gorgeous day :)So cold!! Wow!! Keep walking BJ! Good for you. Love the food choices too and looking forward to the pictures. It makes this food nerd happy ;) xo Mama T

    ReplyDelete