Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Adventures in New Dinners

I felt that this was post worthy. Tonight I made a new dish for dinner: Rice with Raw Broccoli & Kale Pesto. It's suppose to be made with Orzo, but since Adelynne has bad reactions to gluten, and both Ben & I shouldn't eat it either I made it with Sprouted Brown Rice.

This dish is made with broccoli, kale, garlic, lemon juice, soaked almonds, olive oil, and basil. None of these are cooked. It's all raw. Blended up in my trusty Vitamix. Once it's mixed you blend it with the rice. And I made salmon to go with it, covered with lemon, onion, dill, and sea salt.

Now, we've been changing up our diet lately, which requires me to find new recipes. I am astonished at how many people don't like to try new things!! If you tell someone it's gluten free they walk away from like its diseased. And I wonder how many would be willing to try this raw broccoli & kale pesto dish. Well, I obviously loved it. I found it quite enjoyable. Ben enjoyed it so much he had seconds of it.

The best part: my daughter ate a big plate of rice & pesto and had seconds of the salmon!! Seriously. She gobbled it right up. I don't many kids that would gobble this kinda dish up, let alone even try this brilliantly coloured green dish. And that's one of the many, many reasons why I love my baby. She eats so many different things!! I love love love it.

I wish I had pictures to share, but this time I don't. I will however have some very shortly (not to mention, I actually just updated our picture site!).

On another note, some of Adelynne's most recently added words are: Elmo, Amen, eye (which she points to first, and quite literally pokes you/it in the eye), varoom/zoom (which is in reference to how fast a car goes), and she now signs sleep, shark, popcorn, and has been doing quite well at learning the actions for "slippery fish" and "my God is so big." She's also learning to put 2-3 signs/words together. She can now sign more water please (water is a new sign for her too).

Well, to say the least, I am very very pleased with my little girl; also very much in love with her...more and more everyday. She is bright, cheerful, smart, loving....ah well, you know I could go on and on and on...she really does bring a smile to my face :)

Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment