Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Adventures in Golden Glitter

When it comes to birthdays, there are a few "big deal" birthdays that people really seem to celebrate. Sweet 16. 25. 30. 40. 50. 60...you know, the decade ones. Well I think there is another "big deal" birthday, one that many haven't actually heard of: your Golden birthday, or Champagne birthday. It's when you turn the age of the day you were born on such as turning 15 on the 15th day of the month.

I celebrated my 27th birthday on the 27th of September and my lovely husband threw me a BBQ with lots of my loved ones. We had sparkly cupcakes and at the end we even had a delightful bottle of champagne. Well, my little lady won't get the chance to plan her own Golden Birthday, so I did it for me...I mean her ;)

I opened up my pinterest page and set to work! I made a special Ady's Golden Birthday board so that I could remember all of the lovely ideas that were filling my head. There were so many fabulous things that I wanted to do but I just chose a few of them. I got most of my ideas from here (and I love Kara's Party Ideas  website, she really does have some great party ideas!). 

I didn't get to do all that I originally planned, but what I did get done I'm pretty pleased with. I am quite partial to the single alphabet in a frame, so I made sure to make one, as well I really liked the number idea that I saw on one of Kara's Party Ideas posts (you can check out the original here), so again, I did one of those up too. The only things I didn't end up doing that I really wanted to was a banner and a picture of her in an oversized frame.

So, with the delightful help from hubby, a few nights were spent crafting it up making glitter vases, spray painting spoons, cups, bowls, forks, plates, and letters. I found some awesome gold glitter take out boxes from Michael's for the goody-boxes, as well as some gold paper plates. I did pink as sort of an accent colour, because believe it or not, its a favourite colour around here ;) So we made a pink crepe paper flower (you can find the tutorial that we followed here), and it took f.o.r.e.v.e.r so we decided to only do one, and since it was our first one, it wasn't as pretty as the ones in the tutorial, so we sprayed it with gold glitter. W.a.y. B.e.t.t.e.r. 

Here are some pictures of the decor:









I didn't want the gold to just be the decor, so I had a friends friend make Ady a golden tutu, and I also got her some gold sandals, a goldish coloured shirt, some gold & pink bracelets, and for part of her birthday present Ben & I picked her up a gold star pendant - it is ridiculously cute and she loves it. I also picked up some gold sandals and a tan shirt, and we got Ben a new pink shirt too.
The birthday girl all dressed up
I asked all of our guests to dress in some gold as well, and it was so nice to see her little friends take part :)

The whole little party went well...I fed our guests deliciously healthy food, the kids laughed & played in the water, the adults enjoyed each others company, Adelynne got her fill of running, playing, friends, and cake. (By the way, the cupcakes & frosting I made her absolutely wonderful! They were so good I'm going to blog about them all on their own!) It was so nice to celebrate our little Noble Princess turning two. She brings such joy and delight, love and laughter into our lives (and all those around us too), and so I loved having the joyous opportunity to give her an extra special day filled with those things that she blesses us with.

If you missed your "golden" opportunity to celebrate your golden/champagne birthday I recommend throwing one anyway. Not only is gold classy, its just downright fun to have themed celebrations!

To our next adventure!

It seems impossible to get a great family photo ;)


1 comment:

  1. Awww u guys are so freaking cute! Love reading your blog Beckers! Hope I can find time to call very soon! That is STILL on my list! Seems silly but I don't even have time to talk/see local friends much either :( so don't feel left out :p I still love ya!
    Do u have plans to come down at all?!?! I'd love to meet little girly #2!
    lots of love,
    Sheryl
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete